Sunday, November 4, 2012

Operation Viral Treats Episode IV: My Halloween Evening

I am traipsing through the woods wearing tan and green tiger-stripe camouflage with a tactical vest hanging from my chest.  Trying to remain silent, I mask the sound of my radio telling me where reinforcements are being shipped in and where tangos are hiding, waiting to pounce on their prey.  I make sure my AK-47 airsoft replica is working, and also confirm that my sidearm of a Ruger P345 airsoft replica is still intact with speed-loader handy and dead rag also reachable.  Also important, I check my hydration pack to make sure there have been no punctures and see if my green parachute cord necklace is still there to alert people if I have been infected with the zombie disease, or if I am part of the Fort Bend militia trying to contain the disease.  This is how I spent my Halloween evening, trying to help the military as Fort Bend militia to control the outbreak of zombie disease from an explosion near Katy, Texas that caused many unknown civilians to turn into zombies, with only the possibility of an airstrike to bring them back as humans, but only so many airstrikes are allowed in this military simulation.  The main objective was to contain the disease and try to survive the Operation Viral Treats:  Episode IV, without turning into a zombie.  There were also minor objectives, like trying to locate food drops to make sure civilians not affected by the zombie disease are taken care of.  The airsoft game simulates a possible real life scenario, that does not have to be with zombies, but rather hostile forces that, as civilians, we may one day be forced into going against in real life.  It helps you simulate CQB scenarios, in which a possible force may break into your home or office building and you will have to retaliate.  It also helps with field games, in which you have to pretend you are like the military, out in the woods, trying to retaliate on a big scale of land and win over your rival's objectives.  Perfect way to spend a Halloween evening right?

No comments:

Post a Comment