Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Retrospective View on Things


Whenever I am in a retrospective mood, I think about events of the past in my memories, and events in history that shaped the life that I am living today.  Memories that I think about while in a retrospective mood include those of major events in my life, or events that shaped who I am, how I think, how I live, and influence my goals and dreams.  Events in history that I think about while in a retrospective mood include those like past natural disasters, past political events, past cultural changes, and evolutions that formed the world that we recognize today.  Being in a retrospective mood makes me feel grateful and blessed about my life and all the blessings in it.  It also makes me feel so young, as if I was a baby, compared to all the events in history that preceded my life by many years, whether it is a decade, a century, a millennium, or even an eon.  Lastly, they put me in a reflective mood or feeling that makes me contemplate about many things within society today, and what is in my life now, and what will be in my life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment